Faing problem with backend provision

Mathias Gug mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 7 14:52:37 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 09:39:26AM +0000, ogy_hpower wrote:
> I'm testing the backend provision now but have this kind of error;
> Does anybody have this problem?
>
> My setting is like this:
> 1) I'm using ubuntu server
> 2) i'm using rsync from GIT SAMBA_4_0
> 3) i'm using slapd 2.4.9 from ubuntu apt-get

I assume you're using Ubuntu 8.04.

>     10)  start slpad with 'slapd -f /usr/local/samba/private/ldap/slapd.conf -h
> ldapi://%2Fusr%2Flocal%2Fsamba%2Fprivate%2Fldap%2Fldapi -h
> ldap://0.0.0.0:9000'

Could you check in your system logs if there are any messages related to
apparmor? As of 8.04, slapd is protected by a profile. The paths you're
mentioning above are not included in the default slapd profile. That
could be a reason why you cannot connect to the slapd daemon.

More information about debugging AppArmor can be found on the
DebuggingApparmor wiki page [1].

[1]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingApparmor

--
Mathias Gug