[libsmbclient] Windows XP 10 connection limit

ZeWaren / Erwan Martin main at zewaren.net
Mon Oct 6 20:45:39 GMT 2008

Hi,
I'm building a small script that scans my local network and lists the
files located on it.
I'm using libsmbclient to get the list of shares on each computer.

However, when I scan windows XP computers, I can only open 10 shares on
them, then I get some 'access denied' errors. I google that problem and
found out that this limit is normal, ie you can only open 10 connections
to a windows xp computer.
Since I only open one share at a time, why am I facing that limit?

I'm using these three functions:
smbc_init
smbc_opendir
smbc_readdir
smbc_closedir

Is there a way for samba not to open a new connection for each share?
Or is there a way to close a connection manually?

Thanks in advance.
Erwan Martin, French student.