minschema python problems

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Fri Oct 3 12:15:06 GMT 2008

Hi Tridge!

Am Donnerstag, den 02.10.2008, 10:35 -0700 schrieb tridge at samba.org:
> I'm having troubles making the minschema python script work. The
> problem is that the ldb.Ldb(url) call immediately calls a
> ildb_connect() without having any opportunity to setup the credentials
> or loadparm context.
> We have ldb.set_credentials() and
> ldb.set_loadparm() python methods, but those can only be called once
> we have a ldb object, and creating the object fails as we haven't
> setup the loadparm and credentials opaque variables in ldb.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix this?
There are two ways to work around this; the Ldb() constructor also
accepts optional arguments with credentials and lp_ctx. If you don't
specify the URL to Ldb() it will create an unconnected Ldb object, that
you can then afterwards connect using handle.connect(url).

See also the API docs at
http://samba.org/~jelmer/developer-docs/samba4-python/samba.Ldb-class.html#__init__

minschema.py seems to already use the credentials specified on the
command-line though. Did you try specifying them that way?

HTH,

Jelmer

Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org