How do you resolve the problem with DES

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.hu
Wed Oct 1 18:08:45 GMT 2008

pentruinregistrare at gmail.com írta:
> I  install  libssl-dev 0.9.8c-4etch3, libopenafs-dev 1.4.2-6etch1 and try compile samba-3.2.4 after configure --with-fake-kaserver --with-vfs-afsacl but in "make" process I received that:
>
> "lib/afs.o: In function `afs_createtoken':
> afs.c:(.text+0x2b7): undefined reference to `DES_key_sched'
> afs.c:(.text+0x2e9): undefined reference to `DES_pcbc_encrypt'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [bin/smbd] Error 1"
>
> Witch file or files exactly I must modify to correct that problem?
> Thanks in advance

Apply the attached patch, it is bug id 5799 in samba bugzilla.
But please note, that while it fixes the compile problem, it doesn't
make the fake-kaserver part functional :-(  (yet ), because in
source/lib/afs_settoken.c there is a deprecated openafs syscall, now I
try to figure out how could I rewrite it.

Cheers

Geza