[RFC] Signature for WINBINDD_CCACHE_NTLMAUTH libwbclient call

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Mon Nov 24 07:45:48 GMT 2008

Kai Blin schrieb:
> On Thursday 20 November 2008 18:29:10 Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
>
>>> The things I couldn't find are WINBINDD_GETGRLST and
>>> WINBINDD_CCACHE_NTLMAUTH.
>> Yes, it would be nice if no caller would be left that uses the protocol
>> directly!
>
> Yes, that'd be the next step. Attached patch adds a placeholder for the ccache
> auth function. Any comments on the function signature?
>
> The full set of libwbclient changes I'm currently working on can be found at
> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=kai/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=libwbclient
> or
> git://git.samba.org/kai/samba/wip.git in the libwbclient branch.

+wbcErr wbcAuthenticateUserCcache(struct wbcBlob *initial_msg,
+                                struct wbcBlob *challenge_msg,
+                                struct wbcBlob **reply)
+{
+       return WBC_ERR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED;
+}

winbindd_ccache_ntlm_auth() and winbindd_dual_ccache_ntlm_auth()
seem to need more input parameters than 2 blobs.

What about this:

struct wbcCredentialCacheParams {
	const char *account_name;
	const char *domain_name;
	enum wbcChangePasswordLevel {
		WBC_CREDENTIAL_CACHE_LEVEL_NTLMSSP = 1
	} level;
	size_t num_blobs;
	struct wbcNamedBlob *blobs;
};

struct wbcCredentialCacheInfo {
	size_t num_blobs;
	struct wbcNamedBlob *blobs;
};

wbcErr wbcCredentialCache(struct wbcCredentialCacheParams *params,
			  struct wbcCredentialCacheInfo **info,
			  struct wbcAuthErrorInfo **error);

This way we can also add WBC_CREDENTIAL_CACHE_LEVEL_KRB5 later.

metze