samba4 multimaster DC setup - show stoppers

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Nov 17 08:54:23 GMT 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 08:26 +0100, Thorsten Trautwein-Veit wrote:
> Hi  Andrew ,
> the provision fails with :
>
> _ldb.LdbError: (21, 'LDAP error 21 LDAP_INVALID_ATTRIBUTE_SYNTAX -
> <wellKnownObjects: value #0 invalid per syntax> <>')
>
> on the bottom are all steps i did ( provision-backend, starting slapd,
> provision ).

The problem here is that we have the mapping of the 'DN+Binary' syntax
incorrect.  It needs to map to an arbitrary string - as OpenLDAP cannot
otherwise interpret it.  This bug is new, because metze only just
started to use this particular attribute.

I'll try to get to it over the next few days, if metze doesn't beat me
to it.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.