samba4 multimaster DC setup - show stoppers

Gavin Beatty gavinbeatty at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 14:06:29 GMT 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Thorsten Trautwein-Veit
<thorsten.trautwein-veit at schulergroup.com> wrote:
> Hi Jelmer,
> thanks for your answer. I am not really familiar with git ( i normaly
> use svn ) i am using samba-master/source4 as source directory. As
> mentioned in the samba4 how-to.

I'm unclear as to whether you mean you're on the master branch or not
yet. Here's how to do so with git.

Git doesn't have directories for branches, tags etc. So, to make sure
you are using the master branch as was mentioned, do:
  $ git branch
You should get something like
* master
  v4-0-test
meaning you're on master. If you're not, checkout master like so:
  $ git checkout master

Then try the ./configure, make, ./setup/privision magic again from the
source4 directory.

--
Gavin Beatty

SEMPER UBI SUB UBI