Locking with CTDB

Henning Henkel h.henkel at science-computing.de
Thu Nov 13 09:57:42 GMT 2008

Hi list,
at the moment I'm writing at my diploma thesis in the ctdb orbit. I got
the impression that ctdb depends on the locking of the underlying
filesystem and so I'm a little confused why there's the need for an
extra ctdb and why this can't be done with multiple samba servers.

Maybe you can provide me some extra information on  the  matter of
locking or on the general approach of developing ctdb.

Cheers

--
________________________________creating IT solutions
Henning Henkel                  science + computing ag

--
Vorstand/Board of Management:
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/