http://git.samba.org/?p=tprouty/samba.git; a=shortlog; h=dos_attr_work

Tue Nov 11 08:32:51 GMT 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 05:18:42PM -0800, James Peach wrote:
> 5. You don't need the configure check at all. SMB_VFS_CHFLAGS takes
> care of portably setting the flags and there is already a check for
> the st_flags field. Just wrap the usages of UD_DOS_* in #ifdefs.

Hmmm. SMB_VFS_CHFLAGS is only used in trans2.c, I don't see
it in dosmode.c. To be honest, I was not aware of that call
yet. What is it supposed to do?

Assuming that chflags(2) is yet another variant of storing
DOS attributes, we now have the Isilon (FreeBSD?) version,
the EA version, the normal unix permission one, and at some
point GPFS will add yet another variant. Isn't it time to
really create a VFS call to retrieve and set those 4 bits?

Volker