internal error when trying to join a domain

Matthieu Patou mat at matws.net
Mon Nov 10 16:16:05 GMT 2008

Dear all,

I am running samba4 4.0.0alpha6-GIT-7d8787c as a DC.

I first run with this error with an upgraded domain.
Now I tried on a separate server with a separate realm and domain with a
fresh installation a fresh provision ...

When I try to join the domain the only messages in the log that seems
negative are:

[Mon Nov 10 17:24:03 2008 MSK, 0
rpc_server/dcerpc_server.c:1327:dcesrv_init_context()]
dcesrv_init_context: failed to find endpoint server = 'epmapper'
[Mon Nov 10 17:24:03 2008 MSK, 0
smb_server/smb/service.c:104:make_connection_scfg()]
make_connection: NTVFS make connection failed!

So I put some trace in the following function:

const struct dcesrv_endpoint_server *dcesrv_ep_server_byname(const char*name)
  {
            int i;

            DEBUG(3,("mat DCERPC endpoint %d \n",num_ep_servers));

It appears that at startup there is 13 server and I see that endpoint
'epmapper' is registered but when it's called in dcesrv_init_context
(line 1325) it shows 0 endpoints.

It seems that this information is not well spread across differents
process or one process is running the others.

Cheers.
Matthieu.