Oplocks for open&x in Samba4?

Mon Nov 10 08:28:09 GMT 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 09:09:56AM +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> > Samba 3 has code to pull oplock bits out the flags field
> > (HDR_FLG) for open&x and friends. I was curious to see how
> > Samba4 does this, but I don't find it. Can you point me at
> > the right lines?
>
> I'm not sure I understand the question correct, but
> map_openx_open() in ntvfs/ntvfs_generic.c might be the answer
> you're after:-)

Yep, that's it. But this is filled in smb_server/smb/reply.c
from SVAL(req->in.vwv, VWV(2));, whereas smbd3 fills it from
the flags field in the SMB header. Maybe the plain open
command is the better example. Here s3 gets the oplock info
from the header, I don't see how s4 does it.

I know I should write tests for this ... :-)

Volker