Samba4 - NO delegated credentials error seen intermittently

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 6 22:10:37 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 22:46 +0530, priya sehgal wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
> Thanks. I was trying to access my samba cifs proxy through ip address
> and hence the NTLMSSP problem.
> But, in my scenario, few of the windows clients in the Win2k3 domain
> wish to access the proxy using the IP address and therefore NTLM SSP
> authentication will come into play.

You *really* don't want to do that.  Why must they use the IP address?

> Can you suggest me the hack you mentioned in your reply.
> May be I can try and get it working for this scenario.

The hack involves completing and testing the 'auth_server' module, and
somehow providing the connected connection to the cifs_vfs module.  It
is not for the feint of heart, and breaks SMB signing.

You really should either specify the username/password or use a name
that kerberos can accept.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.