[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - c5a70cab25de3b0acd89ba12150b9077bb59cbb5

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Mon Nov 3 22:55:39 GMT 2008

Am Montag, den 03.11.2008, 09:49 +0100 schrieb Stefan (metze)
Metzmacher:
> Andrew Bartlett schrieb:
> > On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 17:16 -0600, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> >>     Use standard heimdal function for finding interfaces - libreplace
> >> provides support for the underlying functions now.
> >
> > The problem I see with this is that previously, Heimdal would be
> > consistent with the rest of Samba4 - using the 'interfaces' from the
> > smb.conf.
> >
> > Perhaps this just makes us more consistent with external Heimdal use,
> > but I wanted to indicate that this current design was intentional.
>
> I think we need a way to register a plugin into heimdal, so that we can
> also work with external Heimdal libraries soon. I think it's needed to
> for us to control the list of interfaces.
Please note that this is for the addresses we use to bind to locally
when making client connections. We don't control the list of interfaces
for other client connections, only when listening as server or when
broadcasting.

Cheers,

Jelmer
Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org