[RFC] libwclient: Implementing wbc_Getpwent and wbc_Getgrent

simo idra at samba.org
Mon Nov 3 00:02:29 GMT 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 23:16 +0100, Kai Blin wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm currently looking at switching the winbind_nss_*.c files to use
> libwbclient. However, to do so, I need to implement the getpwent and getgrent
> calls in libwbclient. It seems like winbind will return up to 500 passwd
> structs per WINBINDD_GETPWENT call. Do we want to make libwbclient return all
> of those and let the caller deal with walking them or do we want to only
> return one struct like getpwent does?

Personally I think that libwbclient is a great interface between smbd
and winbindd, but I think the nss libs should avoid sucking in
libraries, remember they all end up into other process without them
knowing. The more stuff we put into the nss libraries the more risk for
library or just symbols conflicts there are.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Senior Software Engineer at Red Hat Inc. <simo at redhat.com>