help with running tests in the ctdb/tests folder....

michaelvitale at sqlexec.com michaelvitale at sqlexec.com
Sat Mar 22 15:34:48 GMT 2008

I am trying to run the ctdb/tests/run_tests.sh batch file.
I noticed that nodes.txt has the following localhost type ip addresses:
127.0.0.1
127.0.0.2
127.0.0.3
127.0.0.4

and the public addresses has some other addresses:
10.99.99.0/24
10.99.99.1/24
10.99.99.2/24
10.99.99.3/24

I reckon I need to change the public addresses to valid addresses on my
network, but what about the nodes.txt file?  Why 127.0.0.x addresses?

Also, what are the differences between FETCH, BENCH, and CTDB batch script
files?  Is there any documentation on this stuff?

Also, what is the smnotify utlity file used for? and how does one use it?

Thanks in advance.

Michael Vitale