[Samba4] wbclient lib random crashes

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Fri Mar 21 23:05:51 GMT 2008

Hi folks,

I've been trying to get rid of sidmap for samba4 internal calls for a while
now. So I've created a simple wbclient lib that uses IRPC to talk to winbind.
I've implemented that for the unixinfo part of the rpc_server in S4.
Unfortunately I get seemingly random crashes on make test TESTS=unixinfo.
I've tried using make valgrindtest as I suspected a memory corruption
somewhere. However, make valgrindtest is totally unusable for me. It stops at
so many other memory errors and thus takes so much time to start up that the
unixinfo rpc calls have all timed out before make valgrindtest even got
around to call the winbind task. So I'm stuck. I don't know what is going
wrong where and I'm lost in all the noise make valgrindtest generates.

If anyone else feels like giving this a shot, the code is in
http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=kai/samba/kai-work-in-progress.git;a=shortlog;h=wbclient

I'll go and work on some other thing that's missing for samba4 being a member
server now, I've wasted enough of my time on idmap.

Kai

--
Kai Blin
WorldForge developer  http://www.worldforge.org/