Samba and Application Response Measurement (ARM 4.0)

Sven Kubiak sk at it23.de
Mon Mar 17 17:02:59 GMT 2008

Okay, focusing on the calls makes much more sense, than looking for all
functions in the source code which are responsible for a specific samba
service.

To find the right calls we'd like to measure using a sniffer is the less
difficult part. What is more difficult is the right place to start with.
I guess i was wrong looking at source/profile/profile.c which seems to be
responsible (among other things) for handling the user profile. I found the
vfs_* modules in source/modules which i will look into asap, but i didn't
found the "PROFILE stuff" Volker mentioned.

Best regards
Sven