Samba manpages

Karolin Seeger ks at sernet.de
Mon Mar 17 08:50:54 GMT 2008

Hi Jerry, hi list,

the auto generated manpages (http://www.samba.org/~samba-bugs/docs/)
contain a lot of strange characters like "⌂SH" (see bug #5303).

Which system creates these docs?

I have an OpenSUSE 10.3 system which builds proper manpages,
but I am not sure if it is a version issue or something like that.

Would it be possible to use selfmade manpages for the next release?
Or should we change the system on which the manpages are generated
currently?
Are there any other suggestions?

It seems as 'make release' does not build all docs needed for a release,
right? Can we add the missing targets? Or is there any other magic
happening in the manpages of the day?

cheers,
Karolin

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.SerNet.DE, mailto: Info @ SerNet.DE