Samba 4 Development and PostPath

Nadezhda Ivanova nadezhda.ivanova at postpath.com
Thu Mar 13 10:05:37 GMT 2008

Hi Team,

My name is Nadezhda Ivanova. I am a Software Engineer at PostPath Co. As you probably know, PostPath has developed a Mail and Collaboration server operating under Linux, compatible with MS Exchange and AD.

I am currently heading a team that is testing the work of the server with Directory servers other than AD, and as such, Samba 4 is by far the very best open source AD compatible Directory Server.

We are very impressed with what the Samba 4 team has accomplished by far, as well as the future plans for AD interoperability.  PostPath has dedicated our team for contributing to the Samba 4 Open Source project, particularly to the features related to AD compatibility. Our team currently consists of two developers and will be expanding.  We are interested in working on features such as Schema modification via LDAP, Replication, NSPI/RFR implementation, Global address book, Management tools (SWAT and provisioning), etc.

We hope that our help can speed up the development and release of Samba 4.

We would like to know what is the status and your plans for the above features, and what we can do to contribute to their development.

I will be attending the Samba XP from Apr 16thto Apr 18th, and I am looking forward to meeting you all.

Best Regards,

Nadezhda Ivanova