samba4 provisioning failes

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Mar 11 01:38:01 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 02:18 +0100, Harry Chinatzki wrote:
> With fresh provisioning and fresh git-pull today:
>
> # bin/smbpython ./setup/provision --realm=YOUR.REALM --domain=YOURDOM --adminpass=SOMEPASSWORD --server-role='domain controller'
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./setup/provision", line 149, in ?
>     ldap_backend_type=opts.ldap_backend_type)
>   File "bin/../scripting/python/samba/provision.py", line 807, in provision
>     if not os.path.exists(smbconf):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/posixpath.py", line 171, in exists
>     st = os.stat(path)
> TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

Sorry about that.  This is a known problem, I'm currently working with
jelmer to improve the python bindings before I can finally fix this.

This occurred because I didn't test the 'normal' way we provision, only
the different modes that 'make test' uses.  (It is hard to test this in
our testsuite, without risking clobbering the system smb.conf).

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.