Microsoft MCPP and WSPP docs

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 02:19:03 GMT 2008

On 3/5/08, James Peach <jorgar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/03/2008, Michael B Allen <ioplex at gmail.com> wrote:
>  [snip]
>
> > I will be truly impressed when Microsoft creates an
>  >  "Office of Interoperability and Standards" with an email address where
>  >  we can send these little questions so that someone can look at the
>  >  source code and publicly release addendums.
>

> Well, you can certainly post on the MS forums and ask for the
>  documentation to be clarified.
>
>  For example,
>  <http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2936462&SiteID=1>

Hi James,

Well thanks for the forum link. I didn't know about that.

I did ask on that forum about #2 (retrieving the trusted domains for
the "DomainCache") and they answered the next day.

Turns out [MS-DFSC] 3.1.5.4.1 explains it. It's just a regular
referral with an empty string for a path (2.2.2 RequestFileName).

I guess I'm impressed.

Now I'm just wondering about those patents. Are they ridiculous like
"method for marshaling integers for transmission over networks" or are
they something that we can be worked around if necessary.

Mike

--
Michael B Allen
PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO