getting vss version of files over network with SAMBA client

Edward sanks edsanks at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 08:38:05 GMT 2008

Thanks for the hints. I read thru the stackable VFS module for shadow_copy. It definitely requires some setup exercise on server side to see how things happen. May be enabling full debug level on server can give all that is needed.

I am not an RPC guy. When I looked at wireshark from XP client, it played a couple of RPC calls to win2003 server. Is there a good documentation or book on MS-RPC which gives fundamentals and examples? Understanding those couple of RPC calls may avoid server setup pain.

Thanks.