getting vss version of files over network with SAMBA client

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Thu Mar 6 07:55:55 GMT 2008

I did a quick look so my reply is just a starting point and not an answer,
but...

Read through the Samba HowTo section on the shadow copy vfs module.  It does
not provide access to shadow copies on a Windows server, but it does provide
a shadow copy service that can be used by Windows clients and so should
provide some clues on what questions those clients are asking of the server.
 The vfs_shadow_copy.c module is in the /source/modules directory of Samba 3.

Just clues...

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org