[SAMBA4] Release Status Update

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Mon Mar 3 11:03:00 GMT 2008

Here's another update on the status of Samba 4. I'd like to start
sending these messages on regular basis.

Over the past week, we've made some progress towards the next alpha. At
the moment, the list of things we'd like to get fixed is down to:

Andrew:

      * import new heimdal snapshot

Jelmer:

      * Finish KVM test (requires socketwrapper support for VDE)
      * Finish conversion to GNU make
      * Pythonised SWAT

Other items that will hopefully also make it into this alpha are:

      * Simo's LDB async rewrite
      * more ?

For a more up-to-date version of this list, see:

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba-4.0.0alpha3

Cheers,

Jelmer

Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org