Modified revamp of the libsmbclient interface.

Sat Mar 1 09:08:03 GMT 2008

Hi, Derrel!

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 01:56:25PM -0500, Derrell Lipman wrote:
> Given the tacit (if that) approval by some people, and clear disapproval by
> others for my proposed clean-up and reorganization of libsmbclient, I've come
> up with a slightly different approach.  This commit changes back to the
> original libsmbclient.h SMBCCTX structure which will maintain ABI
> compatibility.  I retain, here, the setter and getter functions which all new
> code should use.  Older programs already compiled should continue to work
> fine.  Older programs being recompiled will encounter compile-time errors
> (intentionally!) so that the code can be corrected to use the setter/getter
> interfaces.

As I said in a former message: Would it be possible to do
this patch in a way that the old library is still around? I
would really like to keep that up as is for compatibility
reasons.

I do see the need that the client libraries need to be
worked on, but I would like to be kind to our library users.
At the point when the new library provides new and cool
features, people will switch themselves because they need
those.

Volker