How to process schemaUpdateNow ldap request

Anatoliy Atanasov anatoliy.atanasov at postpath.com
Mon Jun 30 15:27:20 GMT 2008

Hi List,

I am trying to make schema cache in dsdb_schema to reload with newly added mappings from ldb.
This is done by the following ldap request which is valid command for Win2003

dn:
changetype: modify
add: schemaUpdateNow
schemaUpdateNow: 1

I want to process this in rootdse module .modify function, but it's never called and the return message says:

> ldap_modify_ext: Invalid DN syntax (34)
>        additional info: Invalid DN (1 components needed for 'dn')

I located the error message in "source\ldap_server\ldap_backend.c" - VALID_DN_SYNTAX macro, but I couldn't find the ldap_modify_ext function.
I tried to break on all the functions where the macro is used but the gdb couldn't find them.

Any suggestions how to handle this issue?

Regards,
Anatoliy