naming for "events" library

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sat Jun 28 15:39:45 GMT 2008

Am Samstag, den 28.06.2008, 09:52 +0200 schrieb Stefan (metze)
Metzmacher:
> Jelmer Vernooij schrieb:
> > At the moment, the "events" library that is used by Samba 4 is
> > installed simply as "libevents". This name is a bit confusing since
> > (at least on Debian/Ubuntu) there are already a library called
> > "libevent" and one called "libev".
> >
> > What do you think about renaming it to avoid confusion? Would anybody
> > have better ideas for a name?
>
> We have 'tdb', 'talloc' so we could use 'tevents'.
>
> But it also means that we should rename all functions and structs...
> which will be a huge patch...
Heh, with the idea in mind that everything is trivial ? :-) Yeah,
tevents would be an acceptable name imho.

I'd be happy to do the patch, since I need it before I can package it
for Debian (don't want to go through the approval process of a new
package twice).

Any objections against "tevents" ?

Cheers,

Jelmer