Missing normalise module against OpenLDAP, missing test failures

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Jun 28 09:47:14 GMT 2008

I've got 'make test' to almost pass against OpenLDAP now, using the
Samba4 LDAP backend.

The remaining sticking point is the python LDAP test.  I get a very odd
output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./selftest/../lib/ldb/tests/python/ldap.py", line 191, in
test_all
    self.assertEquals(res[0]["objectCategory"][0],
("CN=Computer,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration," + self.base_dn));
AssertionError:
'cn=Computer,cn=Schema,cn=Configuration,dc=samba,dc=example,dc=com' !=
'CN=Computer,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=samba,DC=example,DC=com'
]
UNEXPECTED(failure): Basic tests (samba4.ldap.python (dc).Basic tests)

smbd process 18578
 took more than 21 seconds to exit, killing

A summary with detailed informations can be found in:
  ./st/summary

ALL OK (28 tests in 9 testsuites)

The problem is the ALL OK, with the clear test failure.  The second
problem is the test failure, which is due to the 'normalise' module not
being loaded, for some reason (but I can't see that reason, as the log
file is truncated one the test 'passes').

If this is fixed, and once the rest of this test runs, then I think we
can allow Simo's async ldb tree to be merged.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.