Samba4 needs an async ldb_connect()

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Jun 28 08:16:30 GMT 2008

It seems to me that there is little point having LDB use async
operations, if the ldb_connect() itself is not async.

I've removed the ldap connection that winbind was making at startup,
which was the cause of the wbinfo test segfault (because the call mixes
sync and async calls), but if I moved to having winbind use LDB (it
would be insane not to), we end up back in the same boat...

More worryingly, we could block all of winbind/smbd waiting for an LDAP
server behind a firewall.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.