Samba4: SamLogonWithFlags on RPCNetlogon

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Jun 26 19:28:38 GMT 2008

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> You miss-understand me, and I was unclear.  I would love to set up
> Samba4 in a similar way, and while I can use physical tokens and the
> dogtag software from pki.fedoraproject.org, these might be painful to
> use in a Virtual Machine.

Using e.g. the Aladdin USB eToken with VMWare Workstation and Windows XP
as a guest system with Aladdins card middleware (PKCS#11/CSP) should work.

 >  If you have any hints on how I might be able
> to test without using hardware tokens, I would appreciate it.

I read something in a MS newsgroup that a CSP might use a file-based
token but report the key store being "in hardware" to Windows OS.
Whether mucking around with this is worth the effort is a different thing.

Ciao, Michael.