[Release Planning 3.2] 3.2.0 final vs. 3.2.0rc3

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Thu Jun 26 05:27:34 GMT 2008

Quoting Karolin Seeger (ks at sernet.de):

> It is the first 3.2 release and everybody should be aware of the
> riscs compared with the 3.0 series. The code changes in between
> 3.0 and 3.2 are huge and even another rc would not guarrantee a
> stable release.
>
> Do you agree?
> Does anybody vote for rc3?

If my own advice is of some value (I don't have the Samba Team
t-shirt...:-)), I'd say "go for 3.2 final".  Even as an outsider from
the coding folks, it is obvious that things have converged to a stable
code basis now.

Then, wearing my Debian t-shirt, I'll have the interesting decision to
make with my fellow co-developers about which version of Samba we ship
with Debian (rock-solid stable 3.0.3x or more invasive 3.2.0?), but
that's our problem..:-)

(Steve, my vote finally goes for us to ship 3.2.0)