CTDB configuration question

Collins, Kevin [Beeline] KCollins at chevron.com
Wed Jun 25 00:34:39 GMT 2008

Hi list,

	I am in the process of setting up a CTDB cluster for both NFS
and CIFS (on RHEL5 32 bit with GFS). Since NFS is my primary concern, I
am working on that first. I have looked at the documentation (both
http://ctdb.samba.org/nfs.html and
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/CTDB_Setup#Setting_up_CTDB_for_clustered
_NFS). I am somewhat confused as to the requirements for
/etc/sysconfig/nfs.

In particular, the information regarding the STATD_HOSTNAME variable is
different between the 2 documents.

The first link above shows:

STATD_HOSTNAME="$NFS_HOSTNAME -H /etc/ctdb/statd-callout -p 97"

The second shows:

STATD_HOSTNAME="$NFS_HOSTNAME -P "$STATD_SHARED_DIRECTORY/$PUBLIC_IP" -H
/etc/ctdb/statd-callout -p 97"

What is confusing to me?

1) why pass "-p 97" to statd when STATD_PORT is defined (in the
examples) as port 595?

2) In the first example, there is no STATD_SHARED_DIRECTORY specified,
and in the second example the PUBLIC_IP variable is added to the path.
What is the correct value?
2a) Assuming it is needed, where is PUBLIC_IP defined?

Any other useful info, particularly as it relates to RedHat and GFS
would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Kevin