ldb_search returns LDB_ERR_NO_SUCH_OBJECT when searching for prefixMap from module

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Tue Jun 24 15:53:12 GMT 2008

Anatoliy Atanasov schrieb:
> Hi
>
> The purpose of this module is to update  the prefixMap schema attribute the ldb layer when new object  or attribute classes are added to the schema via ldap. This is needed because the schema can be extended with objects whose prefixes not present in the prefixMap, which at this point this causes the samba4 to crash after startup.
> The module has two functions for now:
> 	* init - reads the prefix map and stores it in a static structure, because we do not want to pull it from the ldb every time we had to check if a new oid has to be added.
> 	* add - when an attribute or object is added to the schema it checks if the oid is in the pre-cached prefixMap and if not it adds it and writes it in the ldb.

why don't you use the dsdb_schema->prefixes array, there it's already
kept in memory, and new attributes or objectclasses are added once every
   few month...we should avoid keeping it in memory twice.

do you know the algorithm, that's used by windows servers to create a
new oid mapping? we need to match that algorithm.

metze