Problem with libsmbclient

Derrell Lipman derrell.lipman at unwireduniverse.com
Mon Jun 23 12:57:24 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 5:15 AM, Andreas Schneider <anschneider at suse.de>
wrote:

> I've found the problem. libsmbclient calls always the auth_fn callback. So
> what you have to do is just try to connect with the current creds.
>
> Take a look at the attached patch.

The example programs don't attempt to handle kerberos, but if one wanted
them to do so, your patch makes sense in that it's the client's
responsibility to request kerberos.  Looks fine.  I'm not going to change
the examples as I want to keep them simple.

If there's additional documentation to place in libsmbclient.h that you feel
would prevent others from having the same problem you did, I'd certainly
appreciate any verbiage you send my way.

Cheers,

Derrell