Using system libtalloc in Samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jun 23 03:07:52 GMT 2008

Jelmer,

I'm trying to build Samba4 against the system popt, tdb and talloc (and
eventually ldb).  However, despite having the relevant packages
installed, ldd only shows a link against popt, not tdb and talloc.

I get this from configure (note it links against popt, despite the
below):

Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ./build/smb_build/main.pl
line 58.
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ./build/smb_build/main.pl
line 58.
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ./build/smb_build/main.pl
line 58.
build/smb_build/makefile.pm: creating data.mk
Support for SSL in SWAT and LDAP: yes
Support for threads in smbd (see --with-pthread): yes
Support for intelligent command line editing: yes
Support for changing process titles (see --with-setproctitle): yes
Support for using extended attributes: yes
Support for using libblkid: yes
Support for using iconv: yes
Support for using pam: yes
Support for python bindings: yes
Using external popt: no
Using external talloc: no
Using external tdb: no
Using external ldb: no
Developer mode: yes
Automatic dependencies: no (install GNU make >= 3.81 and see
--enable-automatic-dependencies)
Building shared libraries: yes
Using shared libraries internally: no (specify --enable-dso)