Problem with libsmbclient

Derrell Lipman derrell.lipman at unwireduniverse.com
Fri Jun 20 13:01:36 GMT 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Andreas Schneider <anschneider at suse.de>
wrote:

> Hi Derrell,
>
> sorry I've selected the wrong mail in CC. I need your help, I have a
> problem with libsmbclient. I've extended the testbrowse.c example to do
> kerberos authentication.
> libsmbclient calls the auth function directly without trying to do kerberos
> (checked with wireshark). Entering the credentials to the auth fn works
> just fine.
>
> I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or if there is a problem in
> libsmbclient.
>
> Could you please take a look at the attached file. I've just added:
>      smbc_setOptionUseKerberos(context, 1);
>      smbc_setOptionFallbackAfterKerberos(context, 1);
>
> Do I miss something?
>

> The strange thing is that it works just fine with konqueror.

Hi Andreas,

The changes you made look fine.  Please confirm that the *same* library is
used by konqueror and your test application.  konqueror is using the system
library.  Are you linking your test app dynamically or statically?
Providing a non-standard library path if you're configuring/building your
own libsmbclient?  Note that running 'configure' with no arguments typically
puts the output in /usr/local/samba which is not where the system libraries
would typically reside.  Are you connecting to the same server in your test
with konqueror and your test app?

Try turning on debug (level 3 or higher) and look for messages mentioning
spnego.  (Take a look at cli_session_setup_spnego in cliconnect.c for the
messages you'd expect to see and hope to not see.)

Cheers,

Derrell