Generating krb5.keytab

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jun 18 23:17:49 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 02:11 +0300, Sergey Yanovich wrote:
> Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 16:20 +0300, Sergey Yanovich wrote:
> >> I got the point about patches. One last question. Any pointers about
> >> why Windows client cannot be allowed to talk directly to OpenLDAP?
> >
> > See my presentation at SambaXP for some of the things Microsoft did to
> > LDAP:
> >
> > http://www.sambaxp.org/files/SambaXP2008-DATA/03-06-Andrew_Bartlett-LDAP_horrors.odp
> > http://www.sambaxp.org/files/SambaXP2008-AUDIO/03-06-Bartlett_AD_LDAP.ogg
>
> Thanks for the links. Did I understand correctly, that OpenLDAP backend
> is important mostly as a replication facility?

Yes.  Also very interesting is Fedora DS, which has multi-master
replication.  While I've talked about OpenLDAP, we are not wedded to a
particular LDAP backend, just any backend that implements what we need.

> MySQL has exceptional master-slave replication. I'll focus on MySQL
> back-end for ldb for now.

Then do look at the sqlite3 backend.

Perhaps you could explain again why you need the MySQL backend?  I would
not expect a ldb_mysql to have a useful table layout for anything else
to read/write...

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.