Generating krb5.keytab

Sergey Yanovich ynvich at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 10:54:30 GMT 2008

Oliver Liebel wrote:
> Andrew Bartlett schrieb:
>> On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 12:38 +0300, Sergey Yanovich wrote:
>>> In turn, that this cannot be achieved without reorganizing Kerberos
>>> handling inside Samba. At the same time, this isn't about adding new
>>> features, just refactoring, and since Samba has a great test suit, it
>>> can be done in a controlled and predictable manner.
>>>

>> You make good points, and seem to be getting to grip with how Samba4's
>> LDAP backend arrangements are managed, but I still fail to see what this
>> has to do with Kerberos.
>>
> i agree with andrew. i dont see where this should lead to, since
> back-sql for openldap is the
> last thing to mention about in the moment, as it is still experimental,
> slow and you bring a
> new part into the whole construct, which will surely not stabilize it:
> an rdbms.
> and at this stage it is surely no good idea to -extend- the existing
> samba4 schema with some "helpful" things
> fur users. the main goal is to get samba4/ol work and replicate stable .

I am not in anyway saying that Samba4 must use ol (thanks for the
abbreviation) with mysql back-end. I've just described, what exactly I
am trying to achieve, and how the current state of affairs could be
changed/improved to allow that.

The whole point is that if it possible to extend Samba4 for so
ridiculous purposes ;), it will be much easier for Samba team will to
work on the project, and for Samba users to deploy and run it.

--
Sergey Yanovich