Samba 3.3 recall offline file support

David Disseldorp ddiss at sgi.com
Wed Jun 18 06:52:04 GMT 2008

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 08:28:20 +0200
Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE> wrote:

> The one that I still have to look at very closely is the
> change to nttrans.c. I'd like to know a way to run this code
> somehow. Any idea how to set this up?

To test FSCTL_RECALL_FILE, see the client application available at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa364587(VS.85).aspx

With the patches applied on the server side, ensure fs_capabilities
returns FILE_SUPPORTS_REMOTE_STORAGE.

The SMB_VFS_OP_RECALL_OFFLINE handler will then be called when the server
receives a FSCTL_RECALL_FILE nttrans and the file is flagged as offline.

If you wan't to test it with a DMAPI based HSM i'd recommend having a
play with sample_hsm found in the XFS cmds tree.

http://oss.sgi.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/xfs-cmds/xfstests/dmapi/src/sample_hsm/

Cheers, Dave