RFC: spinning off base libraries

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Mon Jun 16 13:24:35 GMT 2008

Michael Adam wrote:
> But shouldn't a library have a fixed API, independent of the platform?
> This would mean we had to provice dummy wrapper functions for supported
> functions.

   No: this is a "filter" library, which provides a different,
standard-conforming implementation of a subset of the functions
in one or more underlying, non-conforming libraries.

--dave
[ps: Technically, the transitive closure of the complete set of "filters"
     and "filtrees" does present a fixed ABI and API to the calling program.
     Doing the math for that makes my head hurt (:-)]
(416) 223-5943