[samba 4] - Directory permissions

Olivier Salamin olivier.salamin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 19:25:46 GMT 2008

I sucessfully installed samba 4 using the last git version. All is
working fine (domain join, user and OU creation, GPO,...) exept the
permissions... I created a new directory winthin windows with the admin
account and granted the full control to the everyone. But when I tried to
create a sub directory or a document with a normal user I got
an error. After changing the permission in debian to 777 I can now create
sub directories and documents.

I have a 2.6 kernel and the partition is mounted with the user_xattr
attribut. I also set read only = no for the share folder in smb.conf.

What do I need to do to be able to manage the access right directly with
windows?

Regards,
Olivier