samba packet lenght?

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Jun 13 14:44:37 GMT 2008

Atul,

Start here:  http://ubiqx.org/cifs/SMB.html

At the start of each SMB message, there is a four byte header.  Under NBT,
seven bits were reserved for flags (and never used, so always zero) so the
length field was 17 bits.  For "naked transport", the length is 24 bits.
This four byte header is used to frame the SMB messages in the TCP stream.

RPC (and RAP, etc.) is transported on top of SMB.  The framing of the SMB
messages is the same.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org