bug in v3-0-test winbindd_pam.c:1383, kerberos authentication failed, and wrong method to set domain offline?

Bo Yang boyang at novell.com
Fri Jun 13 08:09:51 GMT 2008

Hi, All:

     nsswitch/winbindd_pam.c: line 1383
         if (NT_STATUS_EQUAL(result, NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS) ||
                    NT_STATUS_EQUAL(result, NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT) ||
                    NT_STATUS_EQUAL(result, NT_STATUS_DOMAIN_CONTROLLER_NOT_FOUND)) {
                        DEBUG(10,("winbindd_dual_pam_auth_kerberos setting domain to offline\n"));
                        domain->online = False;
         }

    We should use set_domain_offline(domain) function instead of just set staus to offline. Otherwise,
domain will never goes online again.

     v3-2-test and v3-3-test is correct, I think.

     Patch for v3-0-test is in the attachment. Please review it.

     Thx.

Best
       Regards
BoYang