AIX VFS mkdir & NFS4 acl bug? Was: [RELEASE PLANNING 3.2] 3.2.0 final vs. rc3

Thu Jun 12 11:58:52 GMT 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 07:49:27AM -0400, William Jojo wrote:

> How soon before release? I have stumbled upon a mkdir (at
> least the smoking gun) bug whe using aixacl2 that applies
> AIXC acls when NFS4 is on the parent with "fidi" set. So
> it appears to ignore any exisitng ACL regardless of
> inheritance and applies a 755 (based on umask). Then going
> to security tab in windows cascades the issue into three
> allow and three deny entries as the AIXC acl is converted
> to NFS4 in the vfs and presented to XP (with appropriate
> deny out of order message from XP :-) )
>
> Generating logs to find the source. Once I have more
> detail, I'll open a formal bug on this one. I have a
> feeling I will miss 3.2.0 final.

If this is a problem that "only" affects file systems that
make use of NFSv4 ACLs, I would not hold up the release for
it. Things are different if it's a regression from what has
worked with NFSv4 ACLs in 3.0 though.

Volker