Samba 3.0.30: Still some winbindd issue?

miguel.sanders at arcelormittal.com miguel.sanders at arcelormittal.com
Thu Jun 5 11:43:03 GMT 2008

Dear all

I strongly feel there is still an open issue with winbindd and trusted domains (3.0.30).
What I have tried (in sequence) is the following:

(1)Access a share from domain DOSIM000 : OK
(2)Access a share from domain EUROPE : OK
(3)Access a share from domain DOSIM000 : NOK

Between steps 2 and 3, the AIX syslog shows the following:

Jun  5 09:41:46 sv104u daemon:err|error winbindd[708640]: [2008/06/05 09:41:46, 0] nsswitch/winbindd_dual.c:async_request_timeout_handler(182)
Jun  5 09:41:46 sv104u daemon:err|error winbindd[708640]:   async_request_timeout_handler: child pid 593940 is not responding. Closing connection to it.
Jun  5 09:41:46 sv104u daemon:err|error winbindd[405724]: [2008/06/05 09:41:46, 0] nsswitch/winbindd_dual.c:async_request_timeout_handler(182)
Jun  5 09:41:46 sv104u daemon:err|error winbindd[405724]:   async_request_timeout_handler: child pid 593940 is not responding. Closing connection to it.

As a result, the log.smbd shows the following when doing (3):
[2008/06/05 09:42:49, 1] smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(439)
  Username DOSIM000+WS10015559$ is invalid on this system

After restarting smbd and winbindd, everythings works just fine again.

What do you guys think?

Miguel SANDERS
ArcelorMittal Gent

UNIX System Administrator | SAP Infrastructure Group John Kennedylaan 51, B-9042 Gent

T +32 9 347 3538 | F +32 9 347 4901 | M +32478 805 023 E miguel.sanders at arcelormittal.com www.arcelormittal.com/gent