Fwd: [Samba] Joining a SAMBA 4 TP4 Active Directory with WinXP

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jun 3 22:29:24 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 15:56 -0400, Wes Deviers wrote:
> On Tue 3 Jun  2008 12:28:01 pm julien.malaise at fr.thalesgroup.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been trying to make smartcard logon against a Samba 4 PDC for several
> > days but I found no thread about this. So my question is : is it possible
> > to do smartcard logon with the latest release of Samba 4 (I use alpha 3) ?

This has not been tested (yet), except with a file-based PKINIT in the
testsuite.

What client are you using?

> > Kerberos returns this error when I try to log in with the smart card
> >
> > KRB_ERR_GENERIC
> > e-text = no pa-data found
> >
> > Have you got any ideas ?

Look at the setup created by 'make test' - you need to tell Samba's
Heimdal KDC where to find the CA certificates etc.

> > Thanks
> >
> > Julien
>

> I can't speak to your specific problem, but you would probably be well served
> to pull a new snapshot;  Alpha 3 is practically ancient at this point (and
> has known bugs that could be directly related)

Alpha4 was just released (I'm just waiting for the mail to clear
moderation):

Download Details

The release tarball is available from the following location:
 * http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/samba4/samba-4.0.0alpha4.tar.gz

This release has been signed using GPG with Andrew's GPG key (28B436BB).

 * http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/samba4/samba-4.0.0alpha4.tar.asc

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.