FC8/Samba 3.0.28: Could not receive trustdoms

Tue Jun 3 19:02:37 GMT 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 05:08:00PM -0700, Geekasaurus wrote:
> Ghost did work for a week, but recently I've been getting errors.  It does
> seem to be a problem with Samba.  At the time I get the Ghost errors, I get
> the an error in the  log.wb-WORKGROUP file, with a timestamp that matches
> the attempt on the XP machine.  The error is:
> libsmb/clientgen.c:cli_receive_smb(112)   Receiving SMB: Server stopped
> responding.

Well, this basically says that the dc of domain WORKGROUP
we're connected does not respond quickly enough for
winbind's taste. Without a debug level 10 log of winbind and
smbd and possibly a sniff it's very difficult to say what's
going wrong in your case.

Volker