Kerberos Ticket Forwarding Patch/Update (3.2)

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Jul 31 15:29:10 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:47:31PM -0400, Derrick Schommer wrote:

> > That's because you are not meant to hand-build it.  Your system GSSAPI
> > library should do it.  The fact that we did it in Samba3 is not a good
> > example.  Samba4 has taken the route of using real GSSAPI for this
> > reason.
>
> So, I'm staying consistent with the theme? :) I think mine might be even
> more down and dirty than the way samba3 did it.
>

> > I realise this change is not what you were hoping to do, but I just want
> > it noted that doing this by hand is always going to cause problems.
>
> So, should I just keep what's there and get the byte ordering right and then
> work towards samba4?

Once the Love has blessed the byte ordering using his
Heimdal experience then I'll look at getting this into
Samba 3.

Thanks for persevering with this. I have some experience
hand-crafting gss packets, so I'll try and take a look
after next week (the busyest week of my year :-( ) is
over.

Cheers & thanks,

Jeremy.