[SAMBA4] Task for someone interested in the LDAP backend

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jul 31 07:58:32 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 08:57 +0200, Oliver Liebel wrote:
> Andrew Bartlett schrieb:
> > On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 10:03 +0200, Oliver Liebel wrote:
> >
> >> hi andrew,
> >>
> >> as i have had already done some work in this area, maybe i can help you.
> >>

> > That would be great.  Let me know if you need a hand figuring the
> > provisioning system out.
> >
> > The primary aim would be to have simple command-line options to
> > configure both the first and subsequent server, just like the provision
> > script can (see --partitions-only).
> >
> imo the best beginning would be, if i first work out a step-by-step-setup
> for a complete samba-specific mmr-setup with 2 dcs
> for all contexts (configuration,user,schema + working).
> so we can see, what points are missing or needs to be modified, and
> what commands/options are needed for the provisioning scripts on both
> dcs. okay?

As long as it reproducible.

> if its all right for you, i would leave the part of modifiying the
> provisioning system in your hands.

The problem with that the 'reproducible' part is exactly what the
provision and test scripts are best at.  I developed this infrastructure
because I could not otherwise reproduce the LDAP backend.  I always
missed a (different) critical step.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.