Kerberos Ticket Forwarding Patch/Update (3.2)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jul 31 03:36:48 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 23:32 -0400, Derrick Schommer wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> I'm looking into the gss API, honestly, I've never used them before so there
> is a bit of a learning curve, there seems to be no great documentation to
> build a gss security context with a GSS Checksum.

That's because you are not meant to hand-build it.  Your system GSSAPI
library should do it.  The fact that we did it in Samba3 is not a good
example.  Samba4 has taken the route of using real GSSAPI for this
reason.

I realise this change is not what you were hoping to do, but I just want
it noted that doing this by hand is always going to cause problems.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.